What you'll learn:
➤ Rob McElhenney Net Worth
Rob McElhenney, known for his role in “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia,” is diving into the world of racing alongside his frequent collaborator, Ryan Reynolds.
This dynamic duo is investing in the Formula 1 racing team, Alpine, in a significant deal valued at $218 million (200 million euros).
The partnership includes McElhenney, Michael B. Jordan, and the backing of Otro Capital, RedBird Capital Partners, and Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Investments.
👉 Explore More: An Open Letter to My Future Son & Daughter: Step 2
In return for their $218 million investment, McElhenney and his co-investors will secure a notable 24% stake in the racing team.
Besides his venture into Formula 1 racing, McElhenney has demonstrated his prowess as a sports team owner by co-owning Welsh soccer team Wrexham AFC with Ryan Reynolds.
His endeavors have resulted in the accumulation of a net worth estimated at around $50 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth.
- Rob McElhenney is among the investors backing the Formula One racing team, Alpine, in a deal worth $218 million (200 million euros).
- The It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia star has a net worth of about $50 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth.
- McElhenney co-owns Welsh soccer team Wrexham AFC with actor Ryan Reynolds.
- McElhenney is a co-creator, actor, and executive producer on Always Sunny, which has aired since 2005.
➤ How Rob McElhenney Made His Millions
McElhenney is not just a talented actor; he is the creative force behind “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia,” an iconic American sitcom centered around five friends running an Irish pub.
This show stands as the longest-running live-action sitcom in the U.S., airing since 2005 and currently in its 16th season.
Renowned for his portrayal of Ronald McDonald, aka “Mac,” McElhenney boasts one of the highest net worths among the show’s cast, as noted by The Richest.
Furthermore, McElhenney’s creative endeavors extend to Apple TV+, where he serves as the creator, star, and executive producer of “Mythic Quest,” a comedy series focused on a fictional video game company.
With an impressive 97% score on Rotten Tomatoes, the show has been renewed for seasons three and four.
Beyond the world of entertainment, McElhenney is actively involved in the business realm. In 2020, he and Ryan Reynolds jointly acquired Welsh soccer team Wrexham AFC, making a significant investment of $2.5 million.
Under their ownership, the team achieved notable success by securing the National League title in 2023 and earning a promotion to the English Football League.
The team’s value has since soared by approximately 300%, driven by collaborations with major companies like TikTok, Expedia, and VistaPrint.
McElhenney’s visionary spirit extends to the realm of technology and innovation. In 2022, he founded Adim, an entertainment-tech company that provides a platform for creators, writers, artists, designers, and developers to collaborate.
Powered by Web3 technology and NFTs, Adim empowers creators by granting them ownership of their content. In its pursuit of success, the company raised an impressive $5 million in a seed round to launch its innovative platform.
Rob McElhenney’s multifaceted career and strategic investments showcase his dynamic and impactful presence in various industries.
- GlobeNewswire – Renault Group: Alpine Racing Ltd Speeds Up its Development and Attracts EUR200m From World Class Investors
- Celebrity Net Worth – Rob McElhenney Net Worth
- FX – It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Cast and Crew
- FX – It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- The Richest – Every Cast Member of It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia’s Net Worth
- Apple TV+ Press – Apple TV+ Doubles Down on “Mythic Quest,” Renewing Acclaimed Workplace Comedy for Seasons Three and Four
- Rotten Tomatoes – Mythic Quest
- Forbes – Ryan Reynolds, Rob McElhenney Set To Buy Welsh Soccer Club Wrexham
- Sky Sports – Wrexham Promoted Back to Football League After 15-Year Exile As Hollywood Watches
- The Leader – Wrexham’s Worth Has Tripled Thanks to Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney
- Adimverse – FAQs
- Business Wire – Rob McElhenney Launches New Entertainment-Tech Company Adim, Empowering Creators to Own a New Generation of Content
- This Is What Famous Billionaires Did As Their First Job
- Here Are the 9 Most Common Motorcycle Types
- This Is the Difference Between Hard and Soft Money
- This Is How to Exercise Your Stock Warrants
- After Thanksgiving Comes Cyber Monday (What’s the Story?)
- So Long Mr. Munger: A Life Well Spent
- So, You Wanna Buy a Busa? (Here’s All You Need to Know)
- Capitalism Makes the World Go Round? (Let’s Find Out)
- Interested in Bitcoin Mining? (Here’s How It Works)
- The World’s Largest Companies (By Revenue)