What you'll learn:
➤ Tom Cruise Net Worth
Tom Cruise’s latest film, “Mission: Impossible — Dead Reckoning Part One,” hit theaters with a bang, earning nearly $16 million on its opening day.
The action-packed movie is projected to make up to $70.5 million during its opening weekend, according to Deadline.
Cruise, the Hollywood megastar, earned a substantial share of the film’s box office sales in addition to his salary of $12 to $14 million for the last two “Mission: Impossible” installments, as reported by Variety.
Cruise, known for his record-breaking hits, achieved a remarkable milestone with “Top Gun: Maverick,” which raked in an astonishing $124 million at the box office during its opening weekend.
This feat propelled Cruise to become the highest-paid Hollywood actor of 2022, as recognized by Insider.
With a career spanning four decades, Cruise’s earnings have surpassed the billion-dollar mark, as reported by Forbes.
As of 2023, his estimated net worth stands at a whopping $600 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth.
- Tom Cruise boasts an estimated net worth of $600 million in 2023.
- “Mission: Impossible — Dead Reckoning Part One” opened in theaters on July 12, grossing nearly $16 million on its debut day.
- Cruise’s illustrious 40-year acting career has yielded earnings exceeding $1 billion, according to Forbes.
👉 Explore More: An Open Letter to My Future Son & Daughter: Step 2
➤ How Tom Cruise Made His Millions
Acting Career: Tom Cruise’s journey in Hollywood began in 1983 with his major role in “Risky Business,” which not only earned $64 million but also catapulted Cruise to stardom.
His career reached new heights with the release of the iconic “Top Gun” in 1986, amassing an impressive $357 million worldwide.
In 1996, Cruise starred in the first “Mission: Impossible” film, which garnered $457 million worldwide.
Cruise’s association with the blockbuster “Mission” franchise has consistently filled his pockets, including an estimated $75 million from “Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol” and “Jack Reacher” in 2012, as reported by Forbes.
The sixth installment, “Mission: Impossible — Fallout,” achieved remarkable global ticket sales of $787 million in 2018, setting a new record for Cruise. This record was subsequently surpassed in 2022 by the release of the “Top Gun” sequel, earning him an estimated $100 million.
Cruise’s deal involved earning 10% of the revenue from tickets and rights for the film, a “first-dollar gross” arrangement in Hollywood. “Top Gun: Maverick” crossed the $1 billion mark globally, becoming Cruise’s highest-grossing film.
This accomplishment led to the film’s nomination in the Best Picture category at the 2023 Academy Awards.
Real Estate Portfolio: Beyond his acting career, Tom Cruise has significantly invested in real estate, acquiring and selling multi-million dollar properties across the United States.
Notably, he sold his 320-acre ranch in Telluride, Colorado, for almost $40 million in 2021. The actor also invested in a penthouse and several condos within Skyview Tower, Tampa, Florida, spending over $10 million in 2017.
In 2016, Cruise sold his Beverly Hills, California compound, previously shared with ex-wife Katie Holmes, for $38 million, rounding off his diverse real estate ventures.
- Deadline – “Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Par One’ Gets ‘A’ CinemaScore; How 5-Day Is Shaping Up – Box Office Update
- Variety – Inside Movie Stars’ Salaries: Joaquin Phoenix Nabs $20M for ‘Joker 2,’ Tom Cruise Heads to Over $100M and More
- Variety – Box Office: ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Debuts to Stratospheric $124 Million
- Insider – Highest Paid Actors of 2022: Tom Cruise, Dwayne Johnson, Margot Robbie
- Forbes – With ‘Maverick’ Milestone, Tom Cruise’s Career Earnings Now Top $1 Billion
- Celebrity Net Worth – Tom Cruise
- Fox Business – ‘Mission: Impossible’: What has the Tom Cruise-led franchise brought in at the box office?
- Deadline – ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Cruises To No. 2 In Deadline’s 2022 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Realtor – Tom Cruise Sells His Luxe Colorado Ranch for $39.5M
- Realtor – Let’s Take a Peek Inside Tom Cruise’s Property Portfolio
- After Thanksgiving Comes Cyber Monday (What’s the Story?)
- So Long Mr. Munger: A Life Well Spent
- So, You Wanna Buy a Busa? (Here’s All You Need to Know)
- Capitalism Makes the World Go Round? (Let’s Find Out)
- Interested in Bitcoin Mining? (Here’s How It Works)
- The World’s Largest Companies (By Revenue)
- The World’s Most Profitable Companies (By Net Income)
- This Is How Much Jay-Z Is Worth
- Millennial Women Prefer Real Estate than Stocks (Survey Says)
- So, Money Does Buy Happiness (Here’s How)